Tuesday, January 31, 2006

What Do You Do that Makes God Smile ?

In the film Chariots of Fire, Olympic runner Eric Liddel says, "I believe God made me for a purpose, but he also made me fast, and when I run, I feel God's pleasure." Later he says, "To give up running would be to hold Him in contempt."

Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth am I Here For?



I believe Eric had been studying to be a missionary and a family member had been trying to get him to give up his Olympic aspirations.

This made me think "What do I do that makes God smile? What is my purpose at this time in my life... that if I was doing exactly that... would make God smile?

Is it putting tid bits like this on my blog when my wife thinks I should be crossing items off the long "to do" list she has for me? Certainly, God expects more from me over my lifetime than a few paragraphs on my little blog. But, for this very moment, I think it makes God smile. I hope so anyway.

Another quote from The Purpose Driven Life: "Every human activity, except sin, can be done for God's pleasure if you do it with an attitude of praise. You can wash dishes, repair a machine, sell a product, write a computer program, grow a crop, and raise a family for the glory of God."

God, I pray that You will reveal to me exactly where I need to be to be in the center of Your will for me right now. Show me what to do to make You smile. In Jesus' name... Amen



No comments: