Friday, October 28, 2005

Who Moved My Cheese?

Here is one of my favorite quotes ever:

Many read the Bible the way a mouse tries to remove the cheese from a trap without getting caught. - Kierkegaard

To me this quote strikes us at our core beliefs with several penetrating questions:

  • Do we really want to know God better?
  • Do we really believe that the Bible is God's Word revealed to us?
  • Do we accept that God has authority over us?
  • If God tells us through the Bible we are wrong, are we willing to do something about it?

God, I pray that You will speak to me through Your Word in the Bible. Convict me where I ignore You. Build up my faith so I want to be closer to You and want to do Your will. Strengthen me as I make tough choices and make the changes You are calling me to make. Amen




Copyright © 2005 by Philip Hartman - All Rights Reserved



No comments: