Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Year's Resolutions for 2006

After much soul searching I have come up with the following list of New Year’s Resolutions for 2006

  • To improve my spiritual disciplines by being more regular in my Bible study and prayer. I got a nice new NASB/The Message Parallel Bible as a Christmas present.
  • To err more on the side of taking action instead of “wait and see” or “maybe now isn’t a good time.”
  • To improve my health and level of fitness thru both aerobic and strength training as well as more stretching for flexibility.
  • Listen to more biographies (audio books). I have really enjoyed the biography of John Adams and have learned much more about history than I expected.
  • Take more photographs for my own enjoyment and not just at special occasions or when traveling
  • To devote time and energy to things which I feel passionate about.
  • To tell myself “no” more often, especially to snacks and second helpings.
  • To train myself to combat stress in healthier ways than indulging myself in my favorite comfort foods
Technorati Tagged:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you progressing on your resolutions for '06?
I gave up making resolutions...the challenge to be conformed to the image of Christ is resolution enough.
If you want to listen to the biographies of great Christian men let me recommend Sermonaudio.com

Here is the one I listened to about C.H. Spurgeon

May God strengthen your resolve to acheive your resolutions.

Your servant in Christ
St Jeremiah

Phil said...

st. jeremiah,

Thanks for stopping by my humble blog. Thanks too for the link to audio books. As for my resolutions, I'm doing pretty good so far on my Bible reading. I'm not doing too well on the more exercise/eat less part. Too early to tell on everything else.