Monday, October 02, 2006

The Bible vs. Your Cell Phone


I don't know the source of this, but when I got it from a friend in an email, I had to post it for all to see. Maybe we all need to recharge our Biblical batteries.

Bible vs. Cell Phone

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we flipped through it several times a day?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it as we traveled?

What if we used it in case of an emergency?

What if we upgraded it to get the latest version?
This is something to make you go...hmmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing.
Unlike our cell phone, we don't ever have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great wake up bro!

Phil said...

Donny, thanks. I wish I could take credit for it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Bible at hand!!

Anonymous said...

thanks! for sharing -- well worth keeping in mind ... reminds me in some ways of the letter of James (i.e., importance of actions...)

Phil said...

Ebenezer,
Amen! I could use some improvement myself in this area.

Ted,
Good to hear from you and I'm glad you liked it. "Actions speak louder than words"